Passports & Travelling Out-Of-Country

It is up to you and your family/travel members to carry with you all required and valid documents when travelling abroad.

***All airlines require full passport name, date of birth, and gender for every passenger on international flights. Failure to provide correct information will result in you being denied boarding at the airport. You may also be refused entry into a country if your passport will expire within 6 months. Passports expiring within 3 months of departure, will most likely be refused at the airport for international travel.***

All participants are expected to be at the Airline check-in counter a minimum of 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight. International check-in typically takes much longer than traditional domestic check-ins. Players that will not be able to make this timeframe should contact their team leader in advance of the departure date.

  • Spring Hockey Tournament Boston MA
  • Hockey Tours Detroit MI

Us children travelling without parent

If a child (under the age of 18) is traveling with only one parent or with someone who is not a parent or legal guardian, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that the accompanying adult have a note from the non-traveling parent (or, in the case of a child traveling with neither parent, a note signed by both parents) stating “I acknowledge that my wife/husband/etc. is traveling out of the country with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my/our permission to do so.”

For details...

Consider using the Canadian "Consent Letter" in MS-Word format as an editable template (remove Canadian references...!!!). American government websites recommend getting the letter notarized.

Canadians travelling abroad

Helpful links and important considerations...

Documents for Entering USA
(for Canadians Travelling to the USA)

Ontario OHIP - Out of Country
(for other provinces please search for your provincial health plan out of country insurance coverage information)

Recommended Consent Letter For Children Travelling Abroad (and returning to Canada)

Extended Health Insurance Option For Canadians Travelling Abroad

Passports (USA & Canada)

Hockey Camps Detroit MI

For USA Passport and International Travel...

For Canada passport information...

Travel Advice and Advisories for Canadians Travelling Abroad


Hotels in Europe REQUIRE information on rooming lists, registration pages and rosters to match exactly the name on the Passport (no nicknames or abbreviations).